The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, September 04, 2006

News of Note

Obesity is now said to be approaching pandemic proportions. Why should we care? As Dr. Philip James of the International Obesity Task Force says, “We're dealing with an enormous economic problem that, it is already accepted, is going to overwhelm every medical system in the world."

This article says that by 2030 one Briton in every two will develop cancer. Shouldn’t we do what we can to prevent cancers that are preventable? Limiting obesity is one way to prevent some cancers.

Here’s an article describing how playing chess can help against Alzheimer’s disease.

Genetically engineered grass has been found in the wild. This is just another example of how this technology cannot be controlled. Does anyone care? I do, but apparently I am in the minority.

This article says there is a possibility of being exposed to dioxin if you heat your food in plastic containers.

Listen to my new song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)


, , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger James Cook said…

    Hi, Ed. That Irregular Times diary by Sybil that you linked to this morning is helpfully followed by comments that document the dioxin in microwaved plastic fear as, thankfully, an urban myth.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home