The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Spend, Spend, Spend
Sure, the economy looks pretty good. And President George War Bush points to the supposed health of the economy as evidence that his tax cuts are working. Once again this is a much too simple view of things. Tax cuts are only one part of the picture. I’ve talked about this before. I don’t know why we have to keep rehashing this every few months. And I don’t know why the Democrats don’t effectively answer the assertions of the Republicans. One more time, here it is: it is easy for an individual to look prosperous when he is running up huge credit card debt, and it is easy for a country to look prosperous when it is engaged in huge deficit spending. Read this article for example. Can we move on to other things now, like actually solving some problems?


NPR says that productivity is rising but wages aren’t.


Health Notes
This is very important: an article published in the September 12 issue of the Journal of the American Heart Association says that those who suffer sudden cardiac arrest usually experience clear warning symptoms.
Chest pain
Difficulty breathing
Nausea or vomiting
Dizziness or fainting

So if you have symptoms like these, and if you are at risk of heart problems, chances are you can be saved if you get help fast.


Listen to my new song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)



, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home