The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

I know there’s supposed to be a controversy raging these days between the president and some members of Congress over strategies for interrogating detainees, but I’m just cynical enough to wonder if this is a real controversy or if it is an election year ploy dreamed up by Karl Rove, or some other politician. What makes me wonder that? I saw a poll the other day that 60% of the people disapprove of Congress and therefore are more likely to vote against Republicans in the fall. The problem therefore becomes, how do you get people to approve of the job Congress is doing and vote to keep them in the fall? One way to accomplish that might be to have Congress stand up to the president and SEEM like it is doing its job by providing checks, balances, and oversight for an unpopular president. I’m not saying that’s what is going on right now. And the way the current showdown is being spun in the media is that the GOP is divided, which might mean the ploy is backfiring if it is a ploy at all. See, I’m just afraid that the GOP is going to find some way to pull off the upcoming elections and retain control of Congress. I would be VERY disappointed if that happened, and I don’t want the American people to be fooled again and let them off the hook. Bush and his crowd have done a crummy job for six years and they need to leave now. The sooner the better.



Tags: , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    You can BET anything that happens between now and November is an election ploy. About the Gitmo detainees, hey whether its torture or not, WHAT are they doing there five years later? No trial, no evidence, no concrete charges, even. What gives?

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    I have been hearing a little about this stuff too. I hope it is not a ploy...
    Thank you for keeping us posted.
    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) hugs
    (")_ (")Š from da Cool Raggedy one

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Jude Cowell said…

    Ed,

    My sense last week was that we are watching more of the Capitol Theater Productions' spectacular: How to Win in November, written and directed by Karl Rove and Josh Bolten. Appearing in a starring role: John McCain.

    Sunday's talking heads shows on tv were asking the tough Q's: why hasn't Bush worked with Congress on this stuff 'before now'? Puh...they ARE working together, and as you say, November draws near.

    Such a crock--good job pointing it out!!!

    jc

     

Post a Comment

<< Home