The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, September 15, 2006

One way to reduce blood pressure is to eat whole grain foods.


It’s hard to believe that Coke spent $2.2 billion in 2004 on advertising. McDonald’s spent $700 million. With this barrage of advertising, is it any wonder that advocates for healthy eating, who have much smaller budgets than these food giants do, cannot be heard about the din?


Here’s more research on the cancer-fighting compounds found in broccoli.


Drinks that contain ascorbic acid and sodium benzoate may therefore contain benzene which is a carcinogen. That means I’m going to toss that lemonade I have in the refrigerator. You never know where the bad stuff is lurking, folks, so you really have to be constantly on the alert and check your labels. I am really angry about this. I thought I was doing a good thing by drinking the lemonade. It turns out I may have been poisoning myself. Who do I sue?


Listen to my new song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)




, , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They are talking about citrus soda. The vitamin C is okay, it's the preservative that is the problem. Why not make your own lemonade? Lemon juice, water and a touch of raw sugar or honey and you are good to go.

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Just when you think you are doing good....grrrrr
    I am tossing my lemonade too...
    I read it was good and now this?
    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) hugs
    (")_ (")Š from da Cool Raggedy one

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said…

    the homemade lemonade is a good idea, but if I've got to do that, then what good is modernity?

    Actually, I'm away from home right now, and I was able to very the ingredients in my lemonade totally online, so that is one good thing about the modern age. I'm just very disappointed in my lemonade, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Jude Cowell said…

    Hi Ed,

    I know how you feel--for years now I've walked into grocery stores and wondered what I could buy that wouldn't kill or maim me. And I stopped buying pre-packaged spinach, lettuce, etc, years ago (good thing, as it turns out.)

    As far as benzene, aren't the plastic bottles a problem, too? You may have posted already on hard plastic sports bottles, etc, and I missed it, but I'm in process of removing as many plastic items (and Teflon, of course) from my 'diet' since benzene and other chemicals leach into food/beverages.

    Manufacturers have been poisoning us for years--jolly, isn't it?

    It's the 'success at any cost' model, but it seems we-the-sheeple always pay the most.

    ;)

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said…

    of course I've written extensively on Teflon and its by-product PFOA. Haven't thought much about the plastic bottles (he said, as he took a swallow spring water from the plastic bottle) but I'll have to check it out

     

Post a Comment

<< Home