The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

There is a study that says that drinking 17+ ounces of green tea per day can lower the risk of heart disease in women by 31% and in men by 22%. Cool. I currently drink two cups of green tea daily, which equals about 16 ounces. (There was a sale on green tea at my grocery store recently, and I picked up like a dozen boxes at about half price. Awesome!) The only problem is that tea is a diuretic, so I have to increase my consumption of water to avoid getting dehydrated and having headaches, but c’est la vie. Oh, and apparently the green tea protection does not extend to cancer. Too bad, except to say that, if the green tea helps with cholesterol, then by extension it helps somewhat with cancer, because some diseases like prostate cancer are linked to high cholesterol. I learned this several years ago when I had to have a biopsy (no fun!) One of the things my doctor recommended was green tea. (There has been some discussion recently about green tea extract. I can’t seem to find a reference for it, but I think some recent studies were conducted using green tea extract, and I personally have taken it.)


, , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home