The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Health Notes
MetaFilter points out that there is a new tool available to analyze personal nutrition. This tool, known as NATS, was developed by the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition at the University of Illinois, and is available here.

Here are some tips for trying to prevent breast cancer. They include exercising, controlling your weight, getting enough vitamin D, and eating more fruits and vegetables. See the article for a more detailed discussion. This is a very important topic.

Here is an article about pumpkin as a food. Interesting. Many people think of pumpkins primarily as a seasonal decoration, or a symbol of the holidays, but they are a very healthy food also, presuming that you cook them in a healthy way, using healthy ingredients. Coincidentally I bought some pumpkin seeds last week and roasted them. Of course you can buy them already roasted, with tamari. They are very good as a snack.

Alfred Glenstein asked me this week to mention him here. I haven’t had much time to peruse his blog, but I’m happy to do a favor for a fellow blogger.



, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.the-mound-of-sound.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.the-mound-of-sound.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home