The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Thanks to Crooks and Liars for posting this video from last night’s installment of Countdown dealing with the president’s signing of a law that does away with habeas corpus. I got the feeling, from watching this segment, that Joint Chiefs Chairman Peter Pace, shown in the background behind Bush, was not particularly happy with the signing ceremony. He’s not smiling. His eyes seem furtive, and they are blinking a lot. Contrast this with the appearance of CIA chief Michael Hayden, who looks positively Rovian in his impassivity. A lot of Americans are not particularly happy about doing away with habeas corpus.


Barack Obama is coming out with a new book, The Audacity of Hope. A lot of people speculate that he may run for president in 2008. I know I’ve mentioned this before, but can someone whose middle name is Hussein ever be elected president? I know a person’s name should not matter, but there are a lot of people, especially in the Red States, who think it should matter. And if it matters in the Red States, then it matters, believe me. A lot of people would not vote for a woman either. That’s why I think Hillary Clinton faces an uphill battle, especially in the Red States. The Democratic Party needs to nominate someone in 2008 who can win. We need to be pragmatists. After eight years of George War Bush the stakes will be too high to nominate someone who cannot compete in the Red States.


Listen to my song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)


, , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home