The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Bush and Rove are said to be optimistic that Republicans will maintain control of Congress on November 7. It reminds me of 2000 when Bush would forcefully assert in his speeches that he was going to win. That is an election ploy. It’s like a self-fulfilling prophesy. You say you’re going to win. Voters want to side with a winner, so they vote for you. There’s nothing of substance involved. It’s all about image. The thing that does bother me, however, is that there are still three weeks before the election, and that is still plenty of time for the GOP to do something to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. I fear that Rove et al still might come in with an October surprise. Bush might announce, for example, that he is pulling all American troops out of Iraq. I don’t trust the crew in the White House. They might still have some tricks up their sleeves. We just have to keep on telling the truth for the next twenty one days. We have to get our message out. Then I am sure we will win.

As far as I’m concerned any trans fat is too much, because it raises bad cholesterol and lowers good cholesterol. Denmark passed a law in 2003 limiting the amount of trans fat allowable, and apparently their food still tastes good. So this can be an example to New York City, which is trying to ban the bad fat: don’t worry, your food will still be good (maybe even better) and your customers will be healthier because of the ban.

Also, the Disney theme parks are planning to serve healthier foods. (It's about time.) I don’t want to get my hopes up, but it seems like we are beginning to care more about the health of people than we care about big corporations? One can only hope.


Listen to my song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)


, , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home