The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Health Notes

We’ve talked a lot about green tea recently. Here’s another article. The conclusion seems to be that drinking green tea protects against cardiovascular diseases like heart attacks and strokes, but not cancer. We’ve done this before. On September 18 I had an article about the anti-cancer properties of EGCG, the ingredient in green tea. In the study I am looking at today, they are talking about drinking five cups per day. It is all I can do to drink two cups a day. One way to increase your intake of EGCG is to take green tea extract, which I have done. When I had a scare with my prostate in 2000 my doctor recommended I take it, as well as lycopene and selenium.


Also, it seems that curry has been in the news a lot recently. Now they're saying that ingredients in curry may be effective in helping those who suffer from arthritis. They are referring to turmeric extract or curcumin. They also say that eating more of the spice probably won’t have an effect on arthritis, but at some point taking the extracts might. Very interesting.


While we’re on this subject I am reminded of an article recently about how curry and onions (antioxidants curcumin and quercetin) may be effective in preventing colon cancer. Wow, they’re doing some great research these days.



, , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home