The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I feel better today about the upcoming election. One never knows what Karl Rove has up his sleeve. One never knows what Karl Rove knows. On Halloween, he is the scariest thing for me. So when the Republicans start putting their negative ads out there in the media – when they put them out there because they work – well then I start to worry. The thing is, our side is not helpless. So I was heartened today when I read about the ads the Democrats are now running, reminding the voters of the highly unpopular Iraq war. And I was heartened by new polls released today. One shows Menendez in New Jersey solidifying a lead over Kean, and having an 80/20 probability of winning. Another shows Webb with a lead over Allen in Virginia. I’m not going to get overly optimistic about these races, but I’d rather be ahead going into the last week than be behind. I am disappointed that the Missouri Senate race isn’t looking better. There is a week left, however, and I am mildly optimistic that Claire McCaskill could pull it out. So at the present time it looks like we have a real shot to pick up five seats, and an outside chance to pick up six seats. I won’t be too disappointed if we only pick up four seats. I fully believe that we can gain control of the Senate in 2008 if not 2006. I will be greatly disappointed, though, if we don’t take control of the House. It is time to bring accountability back to government. If the GOP retains control of the House and Senate, then you’re saying you want to stay the course. That means more American troops dead, more Iraqis dead, more billions wasted in Iraq, while the government ignores its own citizens like it did with Katrina. The price is too high to stay the course. Vote Democratic for a change.

Listen to my song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)


, , , , , , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home