The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Hooray for the IRA

Wow, who said there was no good news anywhere? The Irish Republican Army is renouncing violence and is also disarming. In a world in which entrenched violence sometimes comes to seem inevitable, finally a step in the opposite direction, in the direction of entrenched peace.

Today is a happy day, but the world is still a violent place and there is much work yet to be done. But we have begun.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, this is good news, on the organized Political level. On the religious (cultural) level the Protestants still have "The Marching Season" where they parade through Catholic neighborhoods beating drums! celebrating a victory five hundred years ago.
    All politics is local, if people can get along in the neighborhoods their elected representatives may follow their lead. Steve Lee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home