The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Good News With The Bad

Ernest Hemingway once said that every true story ends in death. The crash of Air France Flight 358 in Toronto is a story that miraculously ended in life. Not a single fatality was recorded.

I, for one, have grown increasingly pessimistic in recent months over all the dying reported in the news. Yesterday I enjoyed basking in the good feelings engendered by the story of Flight 358. But it’s like when an unrelenting heat wave is broken by a day of cooler weather. You know it’s only a matter of time until the heat returns.

Then today I read about the fourteen Marines killed in Iraq. Back to reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home