The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Don’t Rush the Process

Iraqi National Security Advisor Mowaffak Al-Rubaie said on Wolf Blitzer today that any delay in the political process in Iraq (over the drafting of the Constitution) will play into the hands of the terrorists. That may be true, especially in the short run, but hastening the political process and producing a flawed Constitution also plays into the hands of the terrorists, especially in the long run, by providing seeds for disagreement and conflict among Iraq’s diverse ethnic groups.

We owe it to the Iraqi people, and to the brave Americans who have died in the war, to get it right in Iraq. And that means, get it right for the Iraqis, all the Iraqis: Sunnis, Shiites, and Kurds. It doesn’t mean creating a Little America in the Middle East.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home