The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Fed Up With Bush

I don't know how many times I can say that I think the president is a jerk for taking us to war for no reason. I don't know how many times I can say that we need a change in Washington. You see, I've made up my mind, based on the president's record for the past five years (actually I decided a long time ago) and I'm ready to move on. Unfortunately we can't move on. We've got this guy and his policies in the White House for the next three years. We may have had a lot of pain so far, but we have a lot more pain to go through in the future.

But it's not just the war. It's also the way this president treats the citizens he governs. He claims to be a compassionate conservative, yet it seems that compassion is never his reaction to anything. How many times can we go through the litany of missed opportunities by this president, including such opportunities as that of Katrina? I don't know.

Is America better off today than she was five years ago? More than 2000 of our soldiers are dead and many more thousands are maimed for life. Untold numbers of poor people are poorer today than they were five years ago. The Republican Congress keeps trying to cut many social programs like food stamps and Medicaid, while at the same time cutting taxes for the rich.

I want Bush out of office, but I have to wait and just hope he doesn't screw up the country too much before he finally does leave office. And I also have to keep going through the litany shortcomings, errors, and downright malicious acts (especially toward the poor) committed by this administration because Americans tend to forget, and we can't let them forget. We have to keep harping on this every day until the next election. And after that we need to harp on it every day until the next election. We must let America know that things may be bad, but that help is on the way. And then we need to elect some Democrats, because we care about all Americans. (For further reading, see E. J. Dionne's column, USA Today article, CNN)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home