The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Bird Flew
As I said recently, President Bush today is going to practice running down to the White House basement to hide in case there is an outbreak of bird flu among the hawks and doves on Capitol Hill.

Concerning efforts to develop effective measures to combat bird flu, if you don’t know that a vaccine is going to work, then why would you take it?

If anyone wonders why we have a problem with bird flu, check out this photo.

Finally, did you know there are ninety live bird markets in New York City, which handle ten million live birds a year? Researchers at Cornell may doubt the seriousness of the bird flu threat, but with markets like these, not to mention the backyard farms across the country, the spread of the H5N1 virus seems inevitable. But in some ways it doesn’t matter how many birds in this country get infected. If bird flu develops into a pandemic, the most dangerous birds in facilitating its spread will be the 747, 767, and the Airbus.

Technorati tags: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home