The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Bush Thinks War on Terror Unwinnable
In an interview with Matt Lauer in 2004, George W. Bush, when asked if we could win the war against terror, said, “I don’t think you can win it." So whatever the President says now, and for whatever reason, he really believes the war against terror is not winnable. Otherwise, why would he say that to Matt Lauer? Nobody forced him to say it.

Many reputable people, and more than half of US citizens, have questioned the winnability of the war in Iraq. In a democracy, that is supposed to be healthy, not heresy, particularly if it is true. If you’re going to throw stones at the questioners, you’d better throw stones at George W. Bush. Our commander in chief thinks the war against terror is not winnable. And I wonder what he really thinks about the war in Iraq.

But this is the point to which we have come in this country: George W. Bush, who is supposed to be a uniter not a divider, has us bickering among ourselves about a stupid war that should have never been fought to begin with, instead of addressing the real and immediate problems that face our nation. That is a downright shame and a national disgrace.

Tags: , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home