The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Political Notes
Well, we all know what Ken Mehlman is doing by saying that Hillary Clinton is angry. He’s trying to define the discussion, change the subject, raise Hillary’s negatives, and push the buttons of people who hate her, but who maybe forgot why they hate her. It actually might work. There are a lot of dumb people out there. Mehlman is a master at using spin and talking points. It is amazing to me how he can weave all that so deftly into what seems like a normal discussion. I refuse to watch whatever TV program he is on, because I know I will not hear direct answers to direct questions. Most of what I will hear is spin and talking points.

But I am willing to agree with Ken Mehlman. Maybe Hillary Clinton is angry. I am angry too about what is going on in this country. No amount of spin, and no accumulation of talking points can change the fact that we are moving in the wrong direction. But I don’t think Hillary Clinton is alone in her feelings. I think the majority of Americans are angry. That’s why I’m looking forward to the 2006 and 2008 elections, because I think the American electorate will express that anger against the party in power. Then maybe we can all sing “Happy days are here again,” like we did when FDR led us out of the Depression.


Does our president care about anybody but himself? The writer of this opinion piece seems to think the answer to that question is “no.” I tend to agree.

Tags: , , , , ,

COMING SOON

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home