The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Tao of Bird Flu
38. Bird flu will be around as long as there are birds.

Political Notes
Al Gore is appearing at a Victory 2006 Reception today in West Palm Beach, Florida, near the site of his 2000 debacle. Tickets are only $50. There’s nothing in the notice that says you get to meet the former Vice President. You may remember that Hillary made an appearance in Florida a couple of weeks ago, and you could actually meet her if you ponied up a thousand dollars or something like that. Whether you get to meet Gore or not, I’m glad to see him out there. This is obviously a political event, and is not the kind of thing that a “recovering politician” attends unless he has fallen off the wagon and intends to jump into the political fray again. Also it is not the kind of thing that a cable TV executive does on a regular basis. Couple this with his Martin Luther King Day appearance and Gore is definitely out there. I couldn’t be more pleased. Al Gore needs to be our next president. I hope he feels the same way. He certainly has the moral high ground.


Why is it that so many people associated with the Republicans are getting arrested these days? I’m just wondering.


Bird Flu Notes
Donald Rumsfeld is making mucho dinero from the bird flu scare. Check this out.

Cameroon becomes the fourth African country to be hit by bird flu. There are more deaths in Indonesia, as well as more cases in Poland and Greece.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home