The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

California Republican Pete McCloskey says we need a Democratic majority in the US House. No argument here.

Charles Krauthammer expresses pretty good arguments as to why Israel is justified in continuing its current rampage. Then you read about how UN peacekeepers pleaded with Israel not to bomb them, and how four ended up dead. I’m sorry but that makes me angry at Israel. Now today I’m reading about how they are bombing bridges in Lebanon. Bridges. I really hate war, no matter who is right or wrong.

One of my pet peeves is related to medical studies. An example of this is a study that suggested that being born at certain times of the year made a child more prone to developing autism. I think that was a stupid study to begin with. I think some people will study anything, and draw any conclusion, if there’s money available to support the study. I think we need to be more careful in how we spend our money on medical research. There needs to be more oversight in approving funds for medical research. (BTW, another study was done that disproved the results of the autism-birth season study.)

A lot of people will be glad to learn that Exxon Mobil made ten billion dollars during the second quarter. A lot of people won’t, especially those filling up their cars with gas.

Sometimes it is amazing what scientists can do. For example, they can now sit in California and detect pollution that originated in China. You think pollution and global warming are bad now? Just wait until China and India get their economies cranked up a little more.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home