The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Who could possibly be offended by a mother nursing her baby? Apparently a lot of people thought this photo was inappropriate:

Breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world. Those who are offended by it need to get a life. Those who publish photos of the act however, knowing the public’s attitude toward such things, are probably courting controversy. In any event, it all stimulates a lively discussion, for which we are thankful.

In other, real news
Republicans are having a tough time in Ohio? Poor Republicans. But considering that our troops are having a tough time in the various war zones around the world, the people in Louisiana are having a tough time due to the government’s response to Katrina, etc, etc, etc, plus the fact that Ohio Republicans virtually re-elected George War Bush, I don’t have any sympathy for the Republican yes men in Ohio. Vote them all out, and put some Democrats with backbones in their places – Democrats who will hold the regime of George War Bush accountable for the dismal State of the Union.

Speaking of our troops around the world, I’m sure that 3500 soldiers in Iraq are glad to have their tours of duty extended for four months. I wonder who they're going to vote for in November? By the way, folks, it looks like the number of troops in Iraq is increasing, not decreasing. End the war now!

Men: having trouble with your prostate? There are reasons for that, and steps you can probably take to correct it.

Somewhat in the same vein, a vegan diet can reverse the symptoms of diabetes. I am pretty much of a vegan. Have been for years. Of course it may not be for everyone, but it’s not a bad way to go, particularly if you’re worried about your health and the health of the Earth.

I’m not really into Astrology, but some people are. Here is an interesting blog on Astrology and Politics.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Awesome post!
    I don't see how anyone could be offended at something as beautiful as breast feeding..
    Every link was very interesting..
    Congratulations on being a vegan..I am very impressed..
    I want all war to end...
    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) meow hugs
    (")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

     

Post a Comment

<< Home