The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I never thought I would hear Condoleezza Rice described as incompetent. I think of the president as incompetent, but I hoped that he surrounded himself with advisors who would give him good advice. I suppose I forgot about the housecleaning that took place at the beginning of his second term when he replaced those advisors with fierce loyalists. Dr. Rice is one of those loyalists. Now it is reported that a lot of people, even staunch conservatives, want her out and someone else in who can put together a cogent foreign policy. Good luck with that. George War Bush is just as loyal to his staff as his staff is to him. At this point I’m afraid that the best we can hope for is to take control of Congress in November, have Congress take on its role as a co-equal branch of government, and introduce accountability into Washington again. Failing that, we just have to wait until 2008 when we can vote these guys out.


About.com has some interesting political resources.

Deborah White at USLiberals has some good commentary and feature articles.

One of her articles lists five books that she thinks could help us take back the country.

Political Humor? Check out Daniel Kurtzman.

Kathy Gill has a website of Current Events.

Enjoy exploring About.com. There is a lot of good, useful material there.

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) meow hugs
    (")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

     

Post a Comment

<< Home