The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Carl at Simply Left Behind sees reasons to feel optimistic about the 2006 elections.

It’s summer, of course, and the political arena is heating up just like the weather. Newsweek has a new article about John Edwards. Bloomberg has an article in which Evan Bayh seems to be at odds with Edwards. (BTW, a website for Bayh gives us the reasons why he is the one for 2008, and everyone else is not.) Wesley Clark has been politicking in Colorado. John Kerry is going to speak in South Carolina? WTF? Joe Biden is speaking, but is anyone listening? Barack Obama is headed to Iowa. (I like Obama well enough, but I just wonder if America would ever elect someone whose middle name is Hussein? I’m just asking.) Meanwhile Hillary Clinton continues raking in the dough. And where is Al Gore in all this? Well, he has his movie, so he’s not completely out of the picture, but he’s not really in the political arena.

You know, if your plane is leaving, and you don’t get on it, you’ll miss your flight. The plane is boarding for the 2008 presidential election. There are a lot of good people onboard already. We can’t hold the flight forever. If Al Gore’s ever going to get on he should do it soon. Otherwise he’ll be left behind. Maybe he’s content with that. I could learn to be content with that also. But Gore is my first choice, followed by Clark. Of course, the most important thing is that we select a strong candidate who can take back the White House and get this country moving in the right direction again. I’m certainly not going to vote Republican, no matter who the Democratic nominee is in 2008.

It’s interesting how the Right accuses the Left of playing politics, then goes and does something that is so blatantly political like voting in Congress to keep the words “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance. Yes, that is what we are paying our congressmen and women to do: play pattycake with the rightwingers instead of acting like a co-equal branch of government and addressing issues of vital importance to our nation. No but seriously, we’re getting ripped off. Our representatives are not representing all the people. I say we vote them all out. As far as the words “under God” go, if I had time to think about that, while the icecaps are melting, war is raging in hot spots all over the world, hurricane season is just getting started (are we prepared?), etc, I could go either way. I mean I remember when those words were not in my Pledge of Allegiance, and I remember when they were added. BTW, I wrote about this topic last year. Rather than repeat myself, read what I had to say here.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Thanks for keeping me posted..

    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) meow hugs
    (")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

     

Post a Comment

<< Home