The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, July 24, 2006

It seems that Democrats have a choice: they can either offer a detailed agenda about what they would do if elected, or simply get out of the way and let the Republicans continue to self-destruct. I tend to think the latter approach is best. The American public believes that the country is moving in the wrong direction. Democrats offer a real alternative. I just wouldn’t get too specific. Don’t give the Republicans ammunition to attack the Democrats.


Al Gore for vice president in 2008? That’s what this article advocates. I don’t know how seriously we should take it. But Al Gore really does have a problem with campaigning, and also with being a laughingstock in many quarters. These and other factors raise questions about his electability. I really want him to be president. In fact I have even thought about his running for vice president myself, on a ticket say with Howard Dean. If the ticket was elected, then the president could resign, thereby making Al Gore president that way. So no, I don’t rule out Al Gore for vice president in 2008, but I’d much rather he was elected president, in part to make up for the travesty of 2000.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home