The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Evan Bayh is looking more and more like a presidential candidate for 2008. The good thing is, he’s a successful Democrat in a Red State. The bad thing: he voted for the war. Maybe he’d make a good VP for Al Gore?

Black Cohosh, an herb used by many women for the symptoms of menopause, may cause liver damage. That’s too bad. I hope they can find something effective and safe to use.

Who the hell has a body mass index (BMI) of 52? Particularly what kid has that sort of BMI? Mine is like 22. And how the hell can a 9-year-old kid have a heart attack? Something is seriously out of whack in this country.

Do you really think that giving weight loss drugs to obese children is the answer? I have a feeling that you would see better results if they just stopped eating French fries, or if they cut down on soft drinks.


, , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Black cohosh or sheng ma as it is known in TCM is a valuable herb which is NEVER used by itself because of its toxicity. We actually have very few single herb formulas and they are for emergencies. This is a result of western medicine interfering and finding the "active" ingredient without ever noticing that the Chinese always put something in to mitigate the harshness.

    Chinese herbs should only be dispensed by an acupuncturist or licensed chinese practitioner. We diagnose the whole person, not just the disease or ailment. There are many things going on with hot flashes, everybody is not the same.

    Gaagh, the whole subject gets under my skin. I can't convince people to take herbs because so many people who don't know what they are doing have ruined my profession with their "scientific" studies. We deal with the person, not the formula. In other words, I design a formula for you, not take this and we will treat you for whatever side effects you might suffer that other people don't.

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said…

    Well that clarifies things. Thanks. Frankly I'd rather take nothing, but if I had to take something, I hope I would get it from someone who knows what they're doing.
    Ciao

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    I just typed in my blog in the link and it came up with the amount. I don't really know what it means. I typed in yours too.
    My sons says $0.00
    Your blog, taoofpolitics.blogspot.com/, is worth $57,018.54
    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) meow hugs
    (")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

     

Post a Comment

<< Home