The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It interests me how the Right doesn’t want to appearcallous about the wanton destruction of embryos,” and yet they appear to be callous in invading another country and causing the deaths of 50,000 innocent human beings; they appear callous in dealing with Katrina victims; they appear callous as more and more people sink into poverty. I believe somewhat in Karma. You can’t expect good things to happen to you if you’re engaged in doing bad things. Certainly the destruction of innocent life is a bad thing. But you don’t get to pick and choose what you’re going to be moral about. If something is bad, it’s bad for everyone, the Right included. Too often the Right appears hypocritical, saying they respect and value human life, while pursuing policies that seem to belie that contention. So if Karma works, they should not expect good things to happen to them, especially in the upcoming 2006 elections.

While we’re on the subject of morality, would you believe that John McCain committed adultery? Rudy Giuliani? Newt Gingrich? These are a real moral bunch of guys.

And while we’re still on the subject of morality, I am reminded of the website that lists a lot of Republican pedophiles.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Do as I say, not as I do is the real Republican motto.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said…

    Yep, it goes hand in hand with their authoritarian rule. Interesting interview last night on Countdown with John Dean about his new book on authoritarianism in the Republican party.

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) meow hugs
    (")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

     

Post a Comment

<< Home