The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Tofu (Hummer Ad)

This is a strange little commercial. It seems on the surface to be attacking those who eat tofu. Upon further reflection it seems to be upholding and glorifying the individual, and his right to adopt the lifestyle of his or her own choice. That's all well and good. I think eating tofu or carrots could be good for you, but I'd rather we weren't driving a Hummer in the meantime. It seems incongruous, phony.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    That was an odd commercial..It was almost saying eating tofu and carrots wasn't manly..I guess the Hummer is supposed to be a masculine vehicle?
    hmmmm..interesting..

    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) huge huggles
    (")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said…

    Right. I think the guy with the Hummer had some self esteem issues. Driving a Hummer is so antithetical to eating a carrot. Bizarre.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home