The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, August 11, 2006

George War Bush says we aren’t safe and that there are still a lot of terror threats out there. Right, George, and that’s why we should be focusing all our energy on combating those terror threats instead of squandering most of our resources militarily, monetarily, and otherwise, on this needless war in Iraq.


Ken Mehlman smearing John Murtha? No! Are you serious? The Republicans would actually smear someone? Next you’ll tell me that the Republicans would play politics with 9/11 and the war on terror.


John Edwards looked pretty good on Hardball last night. Generally I thought he did a good job of dodging the clumsy and ridiculous attempts by Chris Matthews to tie him to Ted Kennedy, and to get him to blame America for terrorism. I’m not crazy about John Edwards, particularly because he voted for the Iraq War. But he has said he regrets that vote, which is more than Hillary has been willing to do. I could vote for him in 2008. One other thing occurs to me, however: Edwards doesn’t seem, at this point, to stand out as a candidate, and he doesn’t appear to have the stature of a president. If I had to say who I favor right now it would be Joe Biden, Chris Dodd, and Bill Richardson.

When we were picking a new basketball coach at NC State University, I think it was important to bring in someone who would bring about positive change and about whom we could get excited. Sidney Lowe fit those criteria. We need to be excited about our next president too. So far I just don’t feel that way about John Edwards.


Here is some interesting research pertaining to Alzheimer’s disease. We live in a potentially wonderful time, when we might see the cures of many diseases.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home