The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

This whole thing about banning all liquids from your carry on luggage is ridiculous. I don’t want to give away any State secrets, but if a terrorist wants to carry liquid onto a plane he can, and it doesn’t have to be in a sports drink bottle. Also, a little common sense ought to have been exercised over the past few days. I’ve seen news footage of teenaged girls giving up their cosmetics, water bottles, etc. Look, if a fifteen year old girl from Des Moines Iowa is a threat to the plane . . . well it’s just ridiculous. I’m not for some sorts of profiling, but it is Arab terrorists who are trying to kill us, not girls from Iowa. However, you may never be able to assure total safety of an aircraft unless you resort to strip searches for EVERYONE, even grandma. (What’s in that colostomy pouch, anyway?) The world is going to hell, I swear it is.

Stars over Washington has another very interesting article, this time about the foiled plot to blow up planes bound from the UK to the US. They are true, blue Americans over at Stars over Washington.

Here is a guy with a little more sense and a lot more credentials than I have who decries our involvement in Iraq, and who thinks we should concentrate more on the actual war on terror. Watch the video.


, , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home