The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

I’m tired of hearing that the Republicans can protect our homeland from terrorism better than the Democrats can. They are somehow insinuating that the Democrats are soft on terrorism by saying that. No one is soft on terrorism. No one wants terrorists to succeed. I might remind everyone that Democrats foiled the Millennium LAX bombing plot. I would also say that I remember the 1990s as generally a peaceful time, certainly nothing like the last five years. Some say that certain policies of the Democrats would embolden the terrorists. I say, how much more bold can they be than they are right now?

Terrorism is a bad thing for everyone. I don’t want to blame the Republicans for 9/11, and they should not impugn our ability or commitment to keep our country safe. Everyone wants the American people to feel safe and secure. That’s part of what it is to be American, unlike other people in the world who live in constant fear. Except sometimes it seems that the Republicans want to scare the American people with threats of terror for political purposes. Keith Olbermann on Countdown talks about this all the time. Republicans should stop scaring our citizens. They should also stop avoiding criticism by hiding behind our enemies. Republicans should talk about their policies, and Democrats should talk about theirs. The policies of George War Bush may have damaged our country more than any terrorist has. This is what I blame the Republicans for, and this is what I’d like to hold them accountable for.


, , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) hugs
    (")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

     

Post a Comment

<< Home