The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Hillary Clinton is preparing to run for president in 2008? As Gomer Pyle used to say, “Surprise, Surprise!” Who knows, maybe she has a chance? But when a poll says she only has a 44% negative rating, that is more than a year before the campaign has even started, and before the negative ads have started. I mean, these people are able to create negative feelings about WAR HEROES, for God’s sake. Just think what they’ll do to Hillary. Will it matter? We’ll have to wait until 2008 to find out. Besides, if you have enough money, as Hillary seems to have, you can probably fight back pretty effectively. It just seems to me that you might want to choose a candidate who is not so polarizing, someone like Edwards or Clark, or maybe even Richardson – someone who can run well in the Red States, which is something that I still don’t see Hillary doing.


Research says that yellow and green vegetables may guard against age-related macular degeneration. I don’t necessarily believe this research, but since I am vegan, yellow and green vegetables sound good to me, and are probably good for my health generally anyway, so bring ‘em on. The same goes for Indian food – regardless of what some obscure research may say, I do think Indian food is generally healthy for me. Maybe I’ll have some today for lunch. Yum!


Check out Kris Kristofferson’s new song, “In the News.”

Check out The Smirking Cynic for political commentary.



, , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    In TCM yellow vegetables are good for the spleen, which is responsible for holding things in place. Green is the color of the liver, which rules they eyes.

    Yes, I would advise yellow and green vegetables. Also orange (spleen).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home