The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, August 25, 2006

I am impressed. This video from Crooks and Liars (I love this site!) features the communication skills of Kirsten Powers and Michael Brown. These two Democrats are extremely articulate and have some good things to say. Kirsten actually out-talks Ann Coulter in this clip, which is no small feat, and she looks better than Ms Coulter, in my humble opinion. Ms Powers, besides appearing on Fox News as a political analyst, also operates a blog, PowersPoint, to which she appears to be an occasional contributor. Busy woman. I think these two people, Kirsten Powers and Michael Brown, have a bright future as Democratic strategists. Good luck!

Here is an article that says one in ten British girls harm themselves with cutting, etc. Sad. There was an article a few months ago saying that 17% of US college students have engaged in self-harming behavior. Here is an article in Wikipedia with more information on this subject, and here are some other online resources for help and info: TeensHealth; S.A.F.E. Alternatives; Psyke.org. I sincerely hope we can do something about this troubling behavior. Of course it might help if society itself didn’t seem to be self-destructing.


Listen to my new song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home