The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

You know, I really feel that George War Bush has screwed it up big time. With regard to Iran, Saddam Hussein was keeping that country in check to a large extent. Now that Saddam is gone, Iran is emboldened and seems to be expanding its influence. And it is really serious. Iran was a huge threat three years ago. It is even more of a threat today. By doing nothing about Iran in 2003, and by removing Saddam, Bush has effectively created a HUGE MESS in the Middle East. What can we do now? I don’t claim to be an expert in these matters, but there are a number of possibilities that I can see: create another strongman regime in Baghdad to counterbalance the regime in Teheran; maintain a large US presence in Iraq as a counterbalance to Iran; and/or do to Iran what Israel did to Lebanon recently, i.e., take them down a few pegs by bombing the hell out of them and thereby diminishing their effectiveness in the region. (Only problem: if we start bombing Iran, does our presence in Iraq become untenable? Is this why Israel may be our proxy in the bombing?) As much as I’d like to say Get the Hell out of Iraq, like my song does, I don’t think we can ever leave because that would mean ceding the entire region to Iran, which besides being a huge step backwards from where we were in 2003 is totally unacceptable. I’m afraid we have no choice now but to stay in Iraq indefinitely; to continue losing lives, both Iraqi and American; and to continue wasting all that money. Thank you George War Bush, Duck! Cheney, Condo Rice, Colon Powell, “Donny, you’re out of your element” Rumsfeld, et al.


Listen to my new song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)

, , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home