The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

News of Note

Rudolph Giuliani leads Hillary Clinton in some polls.

I was surprised that Justice Scalia didn’t side with the Republicans in Texas.

Ultrasound can affect fetal development. Well duh, it’s a form of radiation. We never opted to use ultrasound while expecting our son. For people like Tom Cruise who actually BOUGHT an ultrasound machine, I wonder how their babies will turn out?

Just one meal high in saturated fat can start the body down the road to inflammation and clogged arteries. For most people, the only problem is that if they can’t see the damage or feel it, then for them it doesn’t exist. So they go on for years damaging their bodies until it’s too late and they have to have some major, dangerous, and expensive intervention. I really feel that this is a matter of people not taking responsibility for their health. They owe it to themselves and to society to do so.

Here’s another study. I don’t know if I believe it, although I’d like to: controlling your blood pressure can reverse heart disease. I really think that controlling your diet and not smoking can prevent heart disease. And of course there is the genetic factor. But I’m glad to think low blood pressure can have a positive effect. Mine has usually been on the low side.

Certain shampoos can affect brain development. Read the story. Thing is, there are so many choices for shampoos, just choose a safe one.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) hugs
    (")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

     

Post a Comment

<< Home