The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

President George War Bush is overweight. According to his latest physical exam he weighs 196 pounds. Therefore his body mass index (BMI) is at least 26.6. A score of 25 is considered overweight. BTW, even if he were to lose those five pounds he gained in the past year, he would still be overweight. The president could set a good example for the rest of the country, but I guess that’s too much to ask.

I have sometimes considered the possibility that Bill Clinton speaks about Global Warming in order to steal the thunder from Al Gore. This would be particularly helpful if Clinton’s wife were to compete against Mr. Gore in 2008. Here is another bit of evidence that makes me wonder if some of this is politically motivated. The implication might be, why choose Mr. Gore, for example, when Mr. Clinton is equally concerned about the problem and is actually doing something about it? OK, you’ve got me. Anyway, Gore’s not running, and Bill Clinton is out there sounding like an elder statesman. I’d vote for him again if he could run. And I’ll vote for his wife is she is the 2008 nominee. But the Clintons are not my first choice.

Medical notes – What about an obesity vaccine? I wish we could control our weight by not eating, but it seems like even the president can’t do that. Give him the vaccine. – Here are more reasons to eat curry. – Here are more reasons to cut down on omega-6 fatty acids and increase your omega-3s. – And finally, some painkillers might increase your risk of heart attack. Bummer.

I wrote this song long before movies like Waterworld were released; issues like Global Warming became so prominent; events like 9/11 colored our national mood, fueling our fear, our insecurity. But it seems more pertinent today than when I wrote it thirty plus years ago. The title is The Sailor. My good, old friend Dr. Jim Owen accompanies me on lead guitar.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) huge huggles
    (")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

     

Post a Comment

<< Home