The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Today is World Mental Health Day. The United Nations, today, is calling for greater effort in preventing suicide, which is responsible for about a million deaths each year. This is a very worthwhile appeal. My wife killed herself about two years ago, so I certainly understand the urgency in addressing this issue.


, , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Casey Kochmer said…

    My Condolences Ed.

    As a Taoist, I know its been my Taoist Faith / Outlook keeping me alive and exploring more than anything else when darker times embrace, flood and hinder my spirits movement. At times it can be unexpressible hard to explain to someone who hasnt experience the despair of wishing for the final breath.

    Its also amazing how beautiful the poetry can be which flows out from these times as it then kick up and out to explore the edges of life itself.

    Its not easy to help others see that each day is possibility and the reason itself for living in these darker moments. But we can make a difference in reaching out, I know all it can take is a well timed smile.

    Peace and support.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home