The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Children who have taken Tamiflu this year are reported to have experienced “delirium, hallucinations, and other unusual psychological behavior.” Do you want your children to be taking this stuff?

Children who eat soy appear to have a lower risk of getting breast cancer. I must say that soy milk is a good alternative to cow’s milk for things like Cheerios, etc. Some soy milk – for example the Silk brand – also is fortified with vitamins. That’s what I use in my cereal – the vanilla flavor – and have been for years. It's very healthy.

Here are eight foods that are very healthy: blueberries, guava, kale, sardines, apples, coconut oil (?!), green tea, and flaxseeds. Read the article to find out why they are healthy.

Dark chocolate is apparently good for your heart. It helps keep the blood from clotting, and therefore helps prevent heart attacks. Sounds good to me.

Five ‘bad’ foods that may be actually good for you are: coffee, eggs, peanut butter, avocados, and mushrooms. Sorry, I don’t eat eggs. Too much cholesterol for me. I love peanut butter. I could eat it every day. (Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches) But I have found that, for me anyway, if I eat peanut butter I gain weight. This also happens if I eat too many of those little cocktail peanuts. I am better off eating pistachios and pumpkin seeds.

Here is an article that says a vegetarian diet helps you lose weight.

Here are two articles on living to be 85. One says you should stay trim and active. The other suggests that if you stop a harmful habit the damage done to your body might be reversed. That’s good news.

Would you believe that the happiest age group is men 65 and older? If that is true, I don’t have very long to wait until I’m there. The least happy are men 18 to 29? I don’t know. The happiest time of my life was when I was 19. Anyway, here is an article about happiness, which discusses the book Stumbling on Happiness.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home