The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Everyone’s probably heard by now that duct tape is not necessarily the answer for warts.

According to this news item, “Babies who lack enough iron in their blood are at risk for long-term learning problems.” If your are pregnant, please get enough iron, and make sure your baby gets enough as well.

Here is an article that encourages everyone to get enough iron. But didn’t I read something about too much iron is not good for men? Here’s one article. Before anyone begins taking a bunch of iron, he or she needs to consult their doctor. Blood tests can determine if you have enough or too much iron in your blood.

If you want to help your baby, one thing you can do is massage him or her.

This is an article about how older mice who are subjected to jet lag tend to die prematurely. But I think it also has to do with stress.

Drinking fizzy drinks and consuming a lot of sugar is supposed to increase ones risk of developing pancreatic cancer. One thing that interests me about this is that the United States consumes the most fizzy drinks: 200 liters per person per year on average. That seems like a lot, but it’s only about 18.5 ounces a day. To me, however, it is a lot because I don’t drink any fizzy drinks, so somebody else must be drinking my allotment. I daresay that if you were calculate how many ounces people actually drink it would be considerably more, because there are a lot of people like me who don’t drink any.

Do you want to be happy and healthy? Get a dog.

Pycnogenol, pine-bark extract, is gaining in popularity as a supplement. It is supposed to be good for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and maybe symptoms of diabetes. And it’s not that expensive – probably less than fifty cents per day.

For your information, here are some symptoms of prostate cancer:

Frequently feeling a need to urinate, particularly at night.
Pain or burning during urination.
Problems starting or stopping urinating, or weak urination.
Sexual dysfunction or pain.
Bloody urine or semen.
Pain or stiffness in the lower back, hips or thighs.

What makes you happy? For me, it's the fact that basketball season starts tonight.



, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home