The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Here is an article on the nutritional benefits of nuts. (Sorry, my original link wasn't working.) I have been eating a lot more nuts recently – mainly pistachios and walnuts – and I find them to be a real, viable alternative to a lot of the junk food people normally eat. I have also added seeds – mainly pumpkin and sunflower – to my snacking repertoire. I haven’t been gaining weight with these snacks. In fact I’ve been losing weight, and I feel better generally not eating cheese puffs, tortilla chips, potato chips, etc. You just have to use a little imagination. If you think about it, there are some healthy snacks out there, like nuts and seeds, and you don’t have to eat things that are not healthy for you.

Here is an article, with graphics, from MSNBC on what you need to know about prostate cancer.

They say that binge drinking causes mouth cancer. Thing is, I wonder why rinsing with alcohol-based mouthwashes doesn't have the same effect.

Researchers are looking at garlic to help them develop an effective treatment for cancer.

This article says that a low fat diet, along with a little red wine, might prevent Alzheimer’s disease.

Galantamine, a compound found in daffodils, may be effective in treating Alzheimer’s disease.

Joe Recommends. My son Joe’s taste in music is really great, and a lot of the stuff he finds is new to me as well. He ran across an album last week by Bill Holt titled Dreamies. It is a wonderful album. It is a little unusual – interspersed with archival radio broadcasts (John F. Kennedy, Mohammad Ali) – and accompanied by a haunting vocal and instrumental track. You can listen to excerpts from the album here, as well as read more about it if you scroll down the page a bit. There are only four copies left, I guess. It’s really a good album. We play it over and over. I love it. Dreamies.


, , , , , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home