The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Phytosterols can reduce cholesterol. It is good to see that more products are being enriched with phytosterols. I take them. I think they are good for my health.

Eating red meat may increase a woman’s chance of getting breast cancer.

Do B vitamins help prevent osteoporosis? I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

How much exercise is enough? I try to do an hour a day. That is not always possible. But if you’re trying to lose weight, I think exercise can help if you also change your diet.

I like Dr. Dean Ornish. I think he has a lot of good advice for people trying to lead a healthy life. So it is interesting to me when I read what he has to say about good carbs vs. bad carbs.

Here’s an article that says that participating in a yoga program can help those who have cancer. I know that Dr. Ornish recommends meditation to reduce stress and deal with heart health. Now it seems something similar may have a place in cancer treatment. I’m sure that people who are ill could use all the help they can get.

Research suggests that DHA, a fatty acid found in fish and in fish oil may reduce a person’s risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. People with high levels of DHA in their blood seemed less likely to develop Alzheimer’s. But I wonder if the results were due to eating a lot of fish, or if it was due to not eating things like red meat.

Are you trying to lose weight? Here is a discussion of weight loss supplements such as bitter orange, guarana, and hoodia.



, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home