The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

More vitamin D might lower a woman’s risk of ovarian cancer, which is good, but stress can cause ovarian cancer to be worse. That kind of puts a woman in a bind, doesn’t it? She is diagnosed with ovarian cancer, which is very stressful, not to mention the stress of the treatment, and stress makes it all worse? Gee. One of the most important things we can do for our health is learn to deal with stess. (Books and music can help.) Here is a video on the symptoms of ovarian cancer. In case you can’t get the video, here are some of the points discussed: New research says that there may be early symptoms of ovarian cancer such as back pain, constipation, gas, abdominal distention, bloating, fatigue, pelvic pain, indigestion and urinary frequency. Some women may have heard of the CA125 blood test and transvaginal ultrasound, but doctors say that these tests are not reliable ways to detect ovarian cancer in most women.

Some research says that soy may protect women from endometrial cancer. Thing is, whether it actually protects or not, wouldn’t you want to try it just in case it did have beneficial effects on your health? I mean it can’t be any worse for you than fast food or junk food, and it might actually make you healthy. I know, it doesn’t seem to taste as good as the typical American diet sometimes, but there are recipes you can use to make it taste pretty good. When I eat out at Whole Foods, I almost always eat tofu, and some of it is pretty darn good. I also use soy milk (vanilla) every morning with my cereal. I actually like it better than cow’s milk, and I’m sure it’s better for me. Try some soy. Your body will thank you.

I’m a big booster of resveratrol, the substance found in grape skins and in red wine. It may really help address a lot of health issues in the future, including cancer prevention. Here are three articles about how resveratrol might help you lose weight and have more stamina; affect the aging process; reduce the risk of diabetes and help you live longer.

We’ve touched on most of this already, but here is another article on how our diet can prevent cancer.

Apparently, hydrogen peroxide tooth whiteners may not cause cancer.



, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home