The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Arianna Huffington is calling for John Murtha to become majority leader in the House of Representatives. This makes sense to me. Without Murtha’s courageous calls for change in Iraq policy, Democrats may have not won this year. Let’s hear it for Murtha.


How is it that Israel gets to kill so many innocent people and wreak so much havoc in the world and yet they get out of it merely by an admission of guilt and an apology? An admission of guilt and an apology do nothing to help the people they killed, or who were otherwise affected by their reckless acts. Is it any wonder the Muslims hate us so much when we defend a country that seems to have such a disregard for the sanctity of human (albeit, Muslim) life? Sorry, I just feel hurt and angry when 18 innocent people are wantonly killed, no matter who they are.


Eleven million bottles of acetaminophen have been recalled after metal fragments were found in some of them. This presumably doesn’t affect the Tylenol brand.



, , , , , , , , ,

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    With all due respect to Rep. Murtha, he is not the right person to lead the Democratic caucus.

    Don't forget that he VOTED FOR this war and took far too long to realize his mistake. He also does not respect a woman's right to choose. Is this the message we want to send about what the party is about? It is not the message that I want to send.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home