The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Wow, it seems it never ends for the GOP. The latest news, just this week, has one of the top evangelical leaders embroiled in a gay sex and/or drug controversy, Republican congressman Bob Ney actually resigned from Congress, and the Army Times is poised to call for the departure of Donald Rumsfeld on Monday. No, it never ends for the GOP until we, the voters, put an end to it ourselves, and bring a new direction for this country.

The battle for the Senate is about as close as it could be, with the balance of power to be decided, ostensibly, by three tossup states: Tennessee, Missouri, and Virginia. I personally don’t think Tennessee is a possibility. Harold Ford talked a good talk yesterday afternoon on MSNBC with Tim Russert. And he seemed convincing, but I just really doubt he’ll be able to overcome so many years of racism in his state. There doesn’t seem to be a major center of liberalism in Tennessee as there is in Virginia, for example. I hope Ford can win, but I wouldn’t bet on it. On the other hand, if the Dems win Missouri and Virginia, they will in all likelihood control the Senate. Let’s keep our fingers crossed. Only three more days until the election.


, , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home