The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Stephen Colbert did a biting, stinging routine that angered George War Bush and about 33% of the American public; Ray McGovern, a 27-year CIA veteran grilled Donald Rumsfeld about lies leading up to the Iraq War during a question and answer session after a speech in Atlanta; a 10-year-old Florida girl wants to sing a song that contains lyrics critical of the President at her school talent show; and even members of the president’s own party are contributing to his drop in the polls. It sounds to me like the wheels are coming off the wagon, folks. There is a small core of staunch supporters who continue to deny reality, but everybody else is speaking out, loudly, publicly, and aggressively. Virtually no one else is cutting this administration any slack. It is as if we have all lost respect for them, no respect is deserved, and none is given. No one is censoring their criticism. It reminds me of the saying by Harry Truman, “If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.” There is certainly a lot heat coming the president’s way these days. He and his subordinates are still in the kitchen, but it is getting very uncomfortable. In fact, this must be what Hell is like. Their situation is of their own making, however, and I have no sympathy for them at all. I can’t wait until the next election, and the one after that. Let’s vote these guys out and get the country back on the right track again.


, , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Michael Bains said…

    Howdy Ed

    Just wanta let ya know that I'm inchin' towards reading the anthology. It's been a "slow reader" kinda winter for me, for some reason. I'm enjoyin' Dennett's "Breaking the Spell" immensely right now and the Tao of Politics is next on the list!

    As you say in the post, BushCo has certainly created the Hell in which it's hanging on... I bet those folk are prayin' real hard for the Rapture® by now!

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said…

    Cool. Good luck.
    Yeah, Bush waiting for a Deus ex machina? If there's a God, He's gonna distance Himself too. He certainly didn't create this mess. lol
    Ed

     

Post a Comment

<< Home