The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Fasting for Freedom
I cannot bear the thought of the Republicans winning in the 2006 midterm elections, and continuing to lead this country along the same wrong path for the next x number of years. Therefore, starting today I am fasting until the November 7 election.

What am I giving up on my fast? For the next 132 days I will not have coffee, soft drinks, or chocolate. Here is more information on fasting.

President Bush is supposedly engaged in his own fast. He is said to have given up eating sweets while there are soldiers fighting in Iraq, although there is some question as to whether or not he has totally adhered to his fast.

I do not deny that fasting may have spiritual implications for me. In the scheme of yin/yang, and in the spirit of the Tao, our country has swung too far in one direction. We need to swing back in the other direction, or at least toward the center – toward more balance. This kind of correction is inevitable, I think, but maybe we can help make it a reality.

What does Fasting for Freedom mean for America? It means: freedom from despair; freedom from fear; freedom from lies; freedom from deception; freedom from secrecy; freedom from manipulation; freedom from corruption; freedom from politics as usual; freedom from Republicans ruining our great country.

If anyone else wants to join me on my fast let me know. Leave a comment and a link and tell me how you plan to fast. Or send me an email.

Today I have had no coffee, just green tea to drink, so for me the fast has begun. Here’s to November, and to a new sense of optimism for America.

, , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    I don'y know if this will change anyone's political views, but it probably will be good for you in the long run to give up those things.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    Cookie Jill at skippy the bush kangaroo is also trying to get people to fast. Good luck!

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said…

    I'm still not having coffee, etc, but I've sort of moved on (trying to get people to join the movement.) I'm always trying to figure out ways to get people excited about the fall elections, though. They are so important, and I really will be unhappy with just a continuation of the status quo.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home