The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I’m not usually that objective when it comes to talking about Al Gore. I really want him to be president. But here is an article that talks about him and about global warming. It pulls no punches.

Al Gore was on Countdown Monday night. I missed it, what with driving back from New York, and with watching the Carolina Hurricanes win the Stanley Cup. But good old Crooks and Liars has the video. Check it out.

On the war front, US troops are not as happy to be in Iraq as George War Bush and Duck! Cheney would like to think.

John Kerry and Dick Durbin want the troops to come home, as early as next year. I think a lot of Americans feel the same way, even some Republicans.

We have spent 438 billion dollars in the war on terror since 9/11, and I don’t think we are that well off. The Republicans point to the fact that there have been no other attacks since 9/11 to support their contention that their policies are working. I think it is a combination of our being vigilant (finally) and our being lucky.

On the purely political front, I was prepared to point to a CNN poll that showed huge negatives for Hillary Clinton as evidence that she shouldn’t be the Democratic nominee in 2008. Then I actually looked at the poll results. All the Democrats have higher negatives that do Giuliani and McCain. The only Republican who has higher negatives than the Democrats is Jeb Bush. I think the way to look at this is that it is too early to take polls seriously, although I do wish the Democrats scored better. After eight years of George War Bush, how can the American public prefer a Republican? It’s mind boggling.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The negatives (for Hillary) are an inevitable by-product of the left-right divide. Look at Jeb Bush's numbers...68% unfavourable - would never vote for!!!

    She has the highest positive rating...20% would definitely vote for. So forget the negatives and realise that no true "Republican" is ever going to vote for a Democrat. 'Bout time you had a woman...the world is waiting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home