The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, June 23, 2006

The Iraqi government plans to offer a timeline for the withdrawal of all foreign troops. They are also taking steps to end the insurgency. Interesting. Maybe there is an end in sight after all.

Taegan Goddard’s Political Wire offers an update on key 2006 Senate and Gubernatorial races. Don’t forget to check the latest WSJ/Zogby poll of battleground states.

Sometimes I just get the feeling that Republicans are not very nice people. The remarks about Helen Thomas were bad enough, but Republicans don’t care about poor people, or the homeless, or anything that Democrats care about. All they seem to care about is their trucks, their Hummers, their homes on golf courses – in short, their money. Republicans are just too selfish.

Will Barack Obama run for president in 2008? I wouldn’t mind seeing him in the Oval Office, but I tend to doubt he could win. In the calculus of a presidential election, he would need to be able to run well in at least one Red State, and I just don’t see him doing that. I frankly don’t see Hillary doing it either. The Democrats need to put forth a candidate in 2008 who can win. We don’t need to squander that opportunity on the hubris of Hillary and Bill. Everyone knows how I feel: if not Al Gore, then Wesley Clark, John Edwards, or Mark Warner, all southern Red State men, would stand a good chance of winning and getting America back on track again.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home