The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, June 30, 2006

HuffingtonPost has a couple of posts today about Al Gore: an interview with The Rolling Stone, and a video snippet from his appearance on The Daily Show. Crooks and Liars has Jon Stewart’s complete interview with Al Gore.

Downing Street Memo has an interesting collection of material that constitutes a timeline on how we became involved in the Iraq War. I think it is useful to review material like this occasionally so that we can maintain perspective on this war and on this presidency.

Did five US soldiers rape and kill an Iraqi woman, then go on a killing and burning spree that resulted in three more deaths? It looks like at least four human beings are dead, and I don’t think their deaths were caused by Saddam Hussein or WMDs. Oh, this dreadful Iraq War! The Iraqi people, I’m sure, will be glad when we go home. (BTW, has anyone noticed that incidents of this kind seem to be increasing? What is going on? To me, the Iraq War is not one of our country’s most shining moments.)

Fasting for Freedom Update, Day 2: No coffee, soft drinks, or chocolate, but I am a little discouraged. I had hoped to get some people to join me on my fast, but there have been no takers so far. I understand that this is my thing. I just hope that people can somehow get enthusiastic about voting the Republicans out in November. If not, we may just be in for more of the same. I can’t stand the thought of that.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home