The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Is the CIA still looking for Osama bin Laden? They’ve disbanded their bin Laden unit, so it looks like they have given up the hunt. Just another example of how George War Bush lost focus in the war on terrorism.

I can’t believe that someone would give US troops in Iraq immunity from prosecution. That’s just asking for trouble. What kind of dope would do something like that? Oh, US administrator Paul Bremer. Sorry. I guess justice doesn’t mean anything in this war or in George War Bush’s administration.

The Iraqi Prime Minister doesn’t want reckless US soldiers in his country. Too late for that, I think. Whenever you have an all-volunteer armed forces, you’re going to have a lot of reckless men volunteering, men who love to kill, and who join up just for the opportunity to kill. Add to that the immunity granted to our soldiers and you have a recipe for disaster. Consequently you have some disasters, such as those in Haditha and Mahmudiya. I’m not a big fan of the draft, but at least with the draft you had an opportunity for more balance among our servicemen. With a draft you did have some reluctant soldiers. Today’s soldiers are all too eager to go somewhere and kill someone.

There was a lengthy discussion last night on Hardball or Countdown, I can’t remember which, about the Bloomberg article that said Bush/Cheney may have wanted to tap phones in February 2001, well before 9/11. Further discussion on the subject from Joy-Ann Reid and J. Boulevard.

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home