The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, July 03, 2006

We’re so used to seeing gung-ho support for the war, particularly in the Red States, that it is easy to forget there are islands of rationality and patriotism in this country where the war is not supported. Washington State is one of those islands. Therefore, Maria Cantwell is having a tough time being re-elected. On the one hand I have sympathy for those who, like Cantwell, voted for the war. They were put in a no win dilemma: vote against the war and appear weak on National Security, or vote for the war and become, along with George War Bush, part of the problem, not part of the solution. If Cantwell loses, well so be it. I hope the Democrats don’t lose her Senate seat though. Maybe someone will win who is anti-war and a strong candidate for the fall. Otherwise I would just as soon have Cantwell.

President Bush was wounded by the Supreme Court decision on Guantanamo, so you can’t blame the Democrats for trying to take advantage of that. Let’s just hope for victory in the fall elections. I have a feeling the president will then get a lesson in accountability.

Here is an article on how to reduce teenage driving deaths. I have been concerned about that for a long time. It seems that every spring some group of high school seniors, who have so much to look forward to, have their lives tragically ended in some fatal one car automobile crash. Maybe the suggestions mentioned in this article will help.

Mixing your booze with a diet drink during this holiday may make you drunker faster. With this information, some people may avoid diet drinks, and some people may purposefully not avoid them.

Fruit researchers, of all people, have discovered how to cut off blood supply to cancers. If I can just live long enough, doctors and scientists might figure out how to cure just about everything. I can only hope . . .

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home