The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Here is a chronology concerning the situation in North Korea. It contains links that are very important.

Deborah White at US Liberals has a list of reasons why Democrats should remain nervous for the next several weeks. Of course, it’s never good to be complacent, so if staying nervous gives us a competitive edge, I’m all for it. I just wish the election would go ahead and happen already. For a person who has made up his/her mind already, the election season is long. Of course, if it gives us more opportunities to seal the deal, then I’m all for that.

This article says that plant stanols help lower LDL cholesterol levels. Here is more info on plant stanols. Of course, you can always google this to find out more. Plant stanols and phytosterols are available at places like iherb.com. They are supposed to block cholesterol so that it can’t be absorbed into the blood. I have used Cholesterin in the past. It comes with or without Niacin.

Omega-3s from fish oil may slow Alzheimer’s disease.

For those who use garlic to help prevent heart disease, a new product from Nutra Products, Inc – Garli-Eze – seems to be an alternative to chewing fresh garlic.

Eating a high-fat meal has negative effects on the arteries. Eating walnuts might actually protect the arteries from these negative effects, perhaps even be better than olive oil.

Does obesity negatively affect mental functioning? Maybe. Just another reason to watch what I eat.

Does a Mediterranean Diet prevent Alzheimer’s? Maybe. To me it’s worth trying. I don't eat the American diet anymore. Too corporate. Too unhealthy.



Listen to my song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)



, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home